Five nice things about myself? Here goes!
I was tagged by skunkdoily! Thanks! I think it’s really important to say good things about ourselves in a world that so often doesn’t want us to.
- Audra and I both confuse the lyrics to “American Pie” with “The Saga Begins”
- Smashmouth released an album in 2012? And a cookbook? And they played Seattle recently?
- Everyone still hates Uncle Kracker but especially Andrew
- I Just Wanna Believe I Can Fly/I Can Believe I Just Wanna Fly/I Just Can’t Believe I Wanna Fly, feat. Fabio
- Barenaked Ladies’ “One Week” is the inverse of LFO’s “Summer Girls” (or vice versa), with dweeb malice on one side & bro of quality benign-ishness on the other. Both strung together with non sequiturs and pop culture references of the moment.
- Apparently Evan and Jaron were a thing?
- Vanessa Carlton came out as bi?
- AND HAD A WEDDING OFFICIATED BY STEVIE NICKS?
- Jennifer Lopez: Actually Circe.
- Reba Mcentire’s red dress at the 1998 Country Music Awards show (!!!!)
Important archiving. (Also, Evan and Jaron and BBMak were reptilians.)
Vital interneting in these times.
in chaos one man collects
his daughter into a plastic bag
oh my god the bag is leaking
one kisses a cave was baby boy face just this
morning braids unplaiting phosphorous
wordless exhaust smoke shock
what is it that remains of us now
then what is recyclable in us
men’s beards carry their lineage
refracted memory drones
drummed ears echo frequency
children call for siblings reborn
skulls fracture eyes the color purple
here the steeliest doctors weep
the sea waves shelled boys
sirens post explosions
all is shrapnel and hunger
none is safe all are waiting
between wall and wait and sea
and wall there is no day
what are we
flares rain metal escalation
descent upon heads ladders of spine collapse
night eats sleep the people hold fasts
children of lightening no rain
sewage into water skin flamed to ash
the women’s faces track lifelines
grief upon grief astronomical
dust was people last night
tunnel is the people now
raising horizon in coffins
there is no recovery
she says they light the night with bombs
she says that’s not the sun at all
she says this is a crime against my heart
she says nothing
she says listen
we are shelter and target
we are stars exploded
the people run into themselves for refuge
they catch up to their ghosts
between devastate and displace
what is destroyed again is everything
what is created is a hole